Supporting government transparency in Colorado
So what is an “unconference” anyway?
If you ask Wikipedia, they’ll say an “unconference is a facilitated, participant-driven conference centered on a theme or purpose. The term “unconference” has been applied, or self-applied, to a wide range of gatherings that try to avoid one or more aspects of a conventional conference, such as high fees and sponsored presentations.”
Here are a few points that make the CityCamp Colorado “unconference” unique:
- You own the conference. It’ll be as good as you make it.
- Sponsors make the event free, but they don’t control the agenda.
- You decide what to talk about. You are both the teacher and the student.
- There are no long boring presentations (aka: death by Powerpoint) to endure.
- You will be able to take home ideas (and connections) to act upon after the event is over.