Supporting government transparency in Colorado
CityCamp Colorado 2011 Update
We are less than a month away from the 2nd CityCamp Colorado and we have a few exciting updates to share about the camp:
- 1. Stephanie O’Malley, Deputy Chief of Staff to Denver Mayor Michael Hancock, and Tom Downey, Director of Excise and Licensing for the City and County of Denver will be speaking at the camp.
- 2. We’ll also have the 2nd CityCamp Colorado Ignite. This hour of Ignite shows will kick off the camp with some inspiring ideas. We encourage you to present. It’s just 5 minutes after all. Check out last year’s CityCamp Colorado Ignite presentations at http://www.youtube.com/user/opencolorado.
- 3. Tell us what you want to talk about at the camp. After all, this event is about your goals and your ideas. If there’s an issue or idea you want to discuss, post it at https://citycampcolorado.uservoice.com/forums/75329-enchaning-access-to-government-.
- 4. We’d like to hear more about you and why you’re coming to the camp. Please contact us if you’d like to write a short blog post about who you are, what your job involves, why you’re coming to the camp, and what you hope to get out of the camp.
- 5. And, we’d like to thank our sponsors: Red Hat/Opensource.com, Tropo, BillTrack 50/LegiNation, CornerAlliance, DotGov/Youtown, and SeeClickFix. Without them, this event would not be possible.
We still have space left. We are about half way to our goal of 100 campers. So please invite friends, colleagues, and anyone interested in better government and communities to register and attend. Please check out the camp’s website, http://opencolorado.org/citycamp-colorado/.
We look forward to seeing you at the camp and we’ll have more details soon.
The CityCamp Colorado Team
Originally posted by Sean Hudson on October 3, 2011 at 7:14 pm.